« on: December 29, 2008, 09:43:08 AM »
Quote from: "Lukermon"
I was wondering if you all did some show notes like an outline of what you talked about with links to the games you reference. I would really like to see that. I listen on the way to work, so; i dont remember everything that I want to look up on the internet.
I'm not sure if this is a complete breakdown of everything we talked about, but here's some of the links to some of the games and basic ideas I tossed around in parts 1 and 2.
On ‘indie’ games with traditional roles for players/GM:
* http://http://www.lumpley.com/dogsources.html - Dogs in the Vineyard
On player narration/negotiation:
* Donjon (multiple successes = narrated facts) - http://http://crngames.com/donjon/index -- also, check out Simon Carryer's short-n-sweet On Mighty Thews (http://http://simoncarryer.googlepages.com/home)
* Spirit of the Century - http://http://evilhat.wikidot.com/spirit-of-the-century
* “The Mountain Witch Trick” - discussed to death in this forum thread: http://http://www.story-games.com/forums/comments.php?DiscussionID=2983&page=1
* In a Wicked Age - "Negotiating with a stick" - http://http://www.lumpley.com/wicked.html
On player investment:
Sorcerer (bangs/kickers) - http://http://www.sorcerer-rpg.com/ or the Sorcerer-wiki http://http://random-average.com/Sorcerer/HomePage, which has links to a number of discussions on Bangs.
The Shadow of Yesterday (using "Keys" to generate Action Points) - http://http://crngames.com/the_shadow_of_yesterday/index
On player world-building
Primetime Adventures - http://http://www.dog-eared-designs.com/games.html
Mortal Coil - http://http://www.galileogames.com/mortal-coil/index.html
Constrained world-building: In a Wicked Age - http://http://www.lumpley.com/wicked.html
Player-created TSoY Keys: http://http://random-average.com/TSOY/Keys
Sweet20 (a short list of dnd-style keys): http://http://files.crngames.com/cc/sweet20/experience.html
YA fantasy keys: http://http://www.indie-rpgs.com/forum/index.php?topic=18011.0
(I need to come up with a list of good keys for my own DnD game pretty soon as well, now that the holiday hiatus is over.)