Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: JeffCon01  (Read 1976 times)

david

• Administrator
  • Thunderbox Revenant
    • View Profile
JeffCon01
« on: February 25, 2009, 09:35:22 AM »
I am not one to ask things like this normally. I really don't want to but this is for a good cause. I was in the local gaming store (Just for Fun) earlier tonight and was told that a member of our local gaming community had recently undergone brain surgery. They removed most of the baseball sized growth from his head.

The owner Mike, is planning a local gaming con to help with some of the costs. This will be held March 28, in Peoria Il. It will be a donation only thing. I was wondering if I could get you guys to advertise this. I know you are probably really busy with plans for V3pt2 but anything at all would be greatly appreciated. I had only met this gentleman a few times and each time I thought he was a stand up guy, fun to play with and be around.

You can of course reach me here, or my email: isaacson05@hotmail.com  but to find out about the Convention (JeffCon1) email Mike at: justforfungames@gmail.com

This was a PM I got from Rifken and announced on the show.  I'm going to try my darndest to make it up there for this, since Peoria isn't all that far away from St. Louis.

david

• Administrator
  • Thunderbox Revenant
    • View Profile
Re: JeffCon01
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 11:05:54 AM »
http://www.justforfungames.net/

That's the url for more information concerning the event. 

Looking over my schedule, I think Eve and I will both be able to make it. 

Any of you St. Louis folken think you can go, too?

I see Classic Battletech on that list.  That makes want to go even more.  :P

Rifken

• Outhouse Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 01:48:05 AM »
Hey this is completely awesome, thanks. Depending on my work schedule I fully plan on being there, won't know till about 2 weeks in advance though.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 01:54:18 AM by Rifken »

david

• Administrator
  • Thunderbox Revenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 06:47:58 AM »
Unfortunately, due to some severe personal issues this weekend, I don't think I'm going to make it.

Sucks to that asthmar, because I was really looking forward to going.

Did you guys ever get a place where people who can't go but want to donate setup?