Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Kore News  (Read 4927 times)

Vigil80

• Outhouse Attendant
    • View Profile
Kore News
« on: December 28, 2009, 03:12:30 PM »
Hi guys, been going through episodes of Kore News during downtime at work. Nice to have a deep backlog to work my way through. I was introduced to Kore New Media after an interview Walt did with a podcast called 3.5 Private Sanctuary, and I started listening to Kore RPG, and have been slowly branching out from there. (Can't wait for that show to resume, by the way.)

I really like the concept behind Kore News, and there's nothing more entertaining than listening to the rapport between the fellows on the show, who always sound like they're having a good time themselves. I have one complaint: the musical interlude(s) are too long, sirs.

I know the crew loves indie groups. Sure, what's not to love? But KNM has enough content between the various shows that you can afford to deliver it a la carte. In other words, maybe an intro tune - or a half of one for even better streamlining - maybe one song somewhere in the middle for a break, and save the rest for Kore Groove.

Barring that, is there a uniform length that you tend to keep the musical numbers, so I know roughly how far to fast forward to get back to the witty banter?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 03:15:21 PM by Vigil80 »

waltsnider

• Outhouse Attendant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.WaltSnider.com
Re: Kore News
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 05:18:46 AM »
There were a couple extended episodes where I put some more music in there... there's usually 5 songs per episode... like #140. Is that too many for ya? I think it's about 12 mins in the break.
Walt Snider from Kore New Media
Kore New Media Resources: Home | Show Notes | Podcast Feeds | Kore Forums | Blog

Tyrannis

• Outhouse Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 06:57:07 AM »
I love me some indie music, but could you put in credits in the show notes so I can actually support these bands?

Cheers,
tyr

Vigil80

• Outhouse Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 10:45:15 PM »
There were a couple extended episodes where I put some more music in there... there's usually 5 songs per episode... like #140. Is that too many for ya? I think it's about 12 mins in the break.

Yeah honestly, it feels a bit long to me. I appreciate a show that's crafted like a well-done radio show, but extended breaks in the content feel a little too much like radio to me. It seems out of place to have half a tv show's length of random music during the funny news show.