Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Jank Cast Yelling  (Read 1932 times)

Lakashim

• Outhouse Attendant
    • View Profile
Jank Cast Yelling
« on: March 12, 2010, 11:57:17 AM »
I enjoy your guy's topics. I like the banter and chemistry your stable of hosts have. I cannot point to any one episode and say you guys didn't do a good job.

But why do you yell?   ???

The recording setup you have has some of the speakers so far from the mics that I have to jack the volume to hear what is being said. Then someone is yelling in my ears, for no real reason. It can be funny, but it is getting old and painful sometimes.

I know close to nothing about how podcasts are recorded and edited, but is there some way to normalize the audio? So the soft or distant speakers are louder and the more excitable shouters are quieter? Or maybe have the yellers sit further from the mic, so they can be as expressive without red-lining the audio?

Thanks for listening guys. Like I said, I enjoy the show, but I am getting headaches from the yelling. :-\

Michael

Re: Jank Cast Yelling
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 02:22:06 AM »
I like the yelling, its party of the high energy of this cast.

david

• Administrator
  • Thunderbox Revenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 09:35:55 AM »
John, do you guys Levelate?  That should normalize out the audio.

If you need a primer, lemme know.  It's pretty simple.

JOHNKELLY

• Outhouse Attendant
  • The Jank Host
    • View Profile
    • The Jank Cast
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 07:51:29 PM »
John, do you guys Levelate?  That should normalize out the audio.

If you need a primer, lemme know.  It's pretty simple.

Shut up David! See that was me yelling, get it? Yeah, I've been meaning to start using that. I used it for a few episodes in our mid 30s. I got a new computer and forgot to download it.

Sorry about that Lakashim, I'll work on it. :)
The Jank Cast A podcast about Roleplaying Games, Board Games and general Geek Culture.

Motipha

• Outhouse Attendant
    • View Profile
    • www.jankcast.com
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 01:11:34 PM »
hah.  As one of those yelling guys, I must admit I like the idea of my voice booming out unexpected.  But for the sake of return listeners, I'll accept levelation.  Though Lexx is going to be more of a problem.  I'm louder, he's more invested.
Swingin' it like a dipthong.