Season 2 of the league will begin on April 1st. You may join at any time!
If you're in, please reply with your application in this thread.
This will be a free-form league, not using the in-game league system as it's too restrictive. We'll start with a short season just to make sure this works.
Step 1: Make a new team that begins with the tag [TPC] (example [TPC] Wrecking Crew). This makes the team easy to search for.
Step 2: Fill out the application form below and post it in this thread.
Step 3: Players may challenge other players at any time and set up the match. All matches must use classic turn-based rules with default values.
Step 4: Game reports should be submitted to the League database in the Blood Bowl Manager
Finding the league.Application
Under the 'leagues' tab you'll find a long list of names. Each League has an ID code, ours is 985. Order the list by ID (click the tab) and scroll down until you find it. Once you have a team in the league it will appear in the list by using the 'my leagues' filter thus eliminating the need to scroll through every time.
Uploading your match.
1. Hit the 'Submit Match' button near the top left of screen. This opens up a new box.
2. The program will automatically detect the last replay file, named by date and time. Double check it is correct.
3. Select Tablesaw's League Season 2 in the 'League' box.
4. Make sure the teams are correct. Type in coach names if they don't appear (you'll have to the first time).
5. Leave 'Days' at 1. It's a grouping function that will come in handy during finals.
6. There is no password so leave it blank.
7. Hit submit and you're done.
Note: Only one coach needs to do this after the match. I would also suggest that you upload the result before exiting the game. If you start a new game it will wipe the information that BBM requires. In the event that you do this, the solution is to replay the game in Blood Bowl (ie load up the replay and let it run until it ends). This reloads a lot of the information needed but it is known to be buggy, so it should only be considered as a last resort. Anyone using the 'New Wave' AI mod will need to replace the main.db file with the original. The mod has been known to cause errors with BBM as well as causing problems in the multiplayer game as well.
Just so I don't clutter up the official season 2 thread but I would suggest that match reports are generated through BB Manager. Only takes a single click, then you copy and paste. Provides all the information and it is a lot easier than doing it ourselves.
Under the 'Matchs' tab (complete without 'e') you will find a list of the league matches that have been uploaded. Double click on yours and it open the Match Details and Statistics window. There is a drop down menu next to the words 'Generate Match Report. Select Table (BBcode) English. click the generate button.
Copy everything that appears in the new window and post it on the forum. Too easy.
Blood Bowl Account Name:
Team name: [TPC]
Preferred abbreviation (3 letters max):
Starting TV:Game Results
(to be used if there's a problem with BB Manager)
My CASs caused:
Opponent CASs caused:
RIPs my team caused:
RIPs opponent team caused:
1. You may only play other people in the league.
2. You may only play any other given team in the league with a given team of yours twice per regular season.
3. You may not play more than 10 games with any given team of yours in a regular season.
4. You may make additional teams for the league, but only if all of your existing teams have 6 or more games excepting the players who played in Season 1.
5. Any player who played in the first league may start a second team at any time.
6. Players with teams of less than 1300 TV may refuse a challenge from teams with greater than 1300 TV.
1. Once half of the players in the league have a team with 6 or more games, playoffs will begin. -EDIT: So everyone has time to level their teams, playoffs begin on April 23rd. We hit that six game mark fast!
2. Playoffs will be single-elimination bracket style. If there are extra teams for a bracket, the top teams will have a "bye" week.
3. Brackets will be seeded using a priority system to allow for games during the season to influence the playoff.
4.If a coach has multiple teams, he must choose which team to use; his other teams will be removed for seeding purposes.
5. This is Blood Bowl. Anything goes. Don't be afraid to foul, knock out of bounds, or crush and destroy your opponent. There is no reward in mercy. If the game allows it, it's a valid strategy.
The priority system will work using the following priorities:
1. Games played (maximum considered 4). For teams with 4 or more games, this will be ignored; teams with less than 4 games will be placed below teams with 6 or more games played.
2. Win/Draw/Loss ratio
3. Head-to-head record (if available)
4. Randomly seeded.
Newbie Mulligan: If, after playing one game you find that your team does not play like you intended you may retire your original team and begin a new one. This will reset your record, but the game you played still counts for your opponent. You may only do this once.
Win/Draw/Loss ratio is calculated as following:
(W + (.5 * D)) / (W + D + L)
Joe - [TPC] Reikland Raiders - Locus_Lord - Chaos - RLR
Joe - [TPC] Lizards of Lustria - Locus_Lord - Lizardmen - LoL
Mollarom - [TPC] Middenheim Mongrels - Mollarom - Human - MM
Weaverchild - [TPC] Foul City Gits - Weaverchild - Gobbos - FCG
wapcaplets - [TPC] Semprini - wapcaplets - Lizardmen - SEM
Luke - [TPC] Slitherin' - doctorlucias - Lizardmen - SSS
Luke - [TPC] Gogrun's Shaft - doctorlucias - Dwarf - GS
Jim Brown - [TPC] The Salamanders - Zombie_Nixon- Lizardmen - TS
Jim Brown - [TPC] Har Ganeth Killjoys - Zombie_Nixon - Dark Elves - HGK
Mikel - [TPC] Warpfire Wanderers - godfatherbrak - Skaven - WW
WarrenLocke - [TPC] Khorne's Feast - Warrenlocke - Chaos - KHF
WarrenLocke - [TPC] Green Lunacy - Warrenlocke - Gobbos - LOL
Brad- [TPC] Nightwing Strikers - Smerbev - Skaven - NWS
pritchjc - [TPC] Leg Breakers - pritchjc - Chaos - BRK
pritchjc - [TPC] Bleeding Hearts - pritchjc - Dark Elf - HRT
dev - [TPC] Mighty Beef Curtain - Devonelle -Orc - MBC
Brad- [TPC] Ratastic Warpers - Smerbev - Dark Elves - RTW
Deatharea -[TPC] Pretty 'Uns - Deatharea - Orcs - PUN
Deatharea - [TPC] Fast & Furries - Deatharea - Skaven - FnF
Korror - [TPC] Poor Doomed Souls - Korror - Wood Elves - PDS
Juriel - [TPC] Blood Royal - Juriel- Human - BRO
Juriel - [TPC] Super Serpent Squad - Juriel - Lizardmen - SSS
StingRay02 - [TPC] Riker's Beard - Stingray02 - Dwarf - RB
Ghostrunn - [TPC] Cleveland Browns - ghosr - Human - CLB