* In order to play the games you must register your team in the 'Auld World League' which is the open league within the Cyanide multiplayer client. Once you do that you can search for your opponent and challenge them as normal
Kick off is this Friday night in the US (tomorrow for those not paying attention). Keep in mind that you are limited to playing 2 league matches in a single week. The start of each match week will fall on Monday (always assume US) so you can consider this weekend as a bonus start
Week 1. November 5th - 7th
Week 2. November 8th - 14th
Week 3. November 15th - 21st
So on and so forth.
A lot of the coaches spend their time hanging out in the Spooky Outhouse Chat Room which is a good place to find someone to organise a match with, as well as being a hotbed of tactical discussion and home of the braggart.
Beginning in week 3 will be the start of the yet to be named Stunty Cup. Details (and name!) to follow over the next few days. I'm aiming for it to be a 1 match per week commitment, so let me know if you're interested.
I probably don't need to add this but I will for the sake of it. We're using Legendary Edition.Joining the League
Step 1: Make a new team.
Step 2: Fill out the application form below and post it in this thread.
Step 3: Players may challenge other players at any time and set up the match. All matches must use classic turn-based rules with default values.
Step 4: Game reports should be submitted to the League database in the Blood Bowl Manager.
Blood Bowl Account Name:
Preferred abbreviation (3 letters max):
Starting TV:Finding the league in Blood Bowl Manager
Get Blood Bowl Manager
. Make sure you click on Blood Bowl Legendary Edition. Open up the 'Leagues' tab and make sure that the filter is set to 'in progress leagues'. Each League has an ID code, ours is 2196
. Order the list by ID (click the tab) and scroll down until you find it. Once you have a team in the league it will appear in the list by using the 'my leagues' filter thus eliminating the need to scroll through every time.Uploading your match.
1. Hit the 'Submit Match' button near the top left of screen. This opens up a new box.
2. The program will automatically detect the last replay file, named by date and time. Double check it is correct.
3. Select Tablesaw's League Season 2 in the 'League' box.
4. Make sure the teams are correct. Type in coach names if they don't appear (you'll have to the first time).
5. Leave 'Days' at 1. It's a grouping function that will come in handy during finals.
6. There is no password so leave it blank.
7. Hit submit and you're done.
Note: Only one coach needs to do this after the match. I would also suggest that you upload the result before exiting the game. If you start a new game it will wipe the information that BBM requires. In the event that you do this, the solution is to replay the game in Blood Bowl (ie load up the replay and let it run until it ends). This reloads a lot of the information needed but it is known to be buggy, so it should only be considered as a last resort. Anyone using the 'New Wave' AI mod will need to replace the main.db file with the original. The mod has been known to cause errors with BBM as well as causing problems in the multiplayer game as well.
Under the 'Matchs' tab (complete without 'e') you will find a list of the league matches that have been uploaded. Double click on yours and it open the Match Details and Statistics window. There is a drop down menu next to the words 'Generate Match Report. Select Table (BBcode) English. click the generate button.
Copy everything that appears in the new window and post it on the forum. Too easyRules are:
1. You must enter with a brand new team.
2. You may only play other people in the league.
3. You may only play 2
league matches in a week.
4. You may only play any other given team in the league with a given team of yours twice per regular season.
5. You may not play more than 10 games with any given team of yours in a regular season.
6. You may make one additional team for league play once your first team has played 6 games.
7. It is the right of any coach to refuse a match (WE's with a Dwarf, Chaos, Chaos, Dwarf run of games is hardly much fun) but you are encouraged to take on all manner of team builds, regardless of whether they are claw wielding maniacs or soft, hippy tree huggers. The golden rule is to use common sense and your own judgement. If you honestly wouldn't accept the match if the teams were reversed, don't offer the challenge. If your opponent is happy to play, just pray to Nuffle that they don't flog you and parade the momentous victory to all.
8. Have fun. Rules playoffs:
1. Playoffs will begin at a minimum of one month from the commencement of the regular season and only when half the teams have reached 8 games.
2. Playoffs will be single-elimination bracket style. If there are extra teams for a bracket, the top teams will have a "bye" week.
3. Brackets will be seeded using a priority system to allow for games during the season to influence the playoff.
4. If a coach has multiple teams, he must choose which team to use; his other teams will be removed for seeding purposes.
5. This is Blood Bowl. Anything goes. Don't be afraid to foul, knock out of bounds, or crush and destroy your opponent. There is no reward in mercy. If the game allows it, it's a valid strategy.
6. Any team entering the play-offs must have completed at least 4 games in the current season or be an entirely new team.The priority system will work using the following priorities:
1. Games played (maximum considered 4). For teams with 4 or more games, this will be ignored; teams with less than 4 games will be placed below teams with 6 or more games played.
3. Head-to-head record (if available)
4. Randomly seeded.Newbie Mulligan
: If, after playing one game you find that your team does not play like you intended you may retire your original team and begin a new one. This will reset your record, but the game you played still counts for your opponent. You may only do this once.Team List
Brisbane Drop Bears - Elf - Smerbev (Brad)
Better Than You - High Elf - Korror
Grimnir's Banhammer - Dwarf - Stingray02
Pumpkin Pushers - Goblin - Juriel
Rostov's Roughnecks - Norse - Zombie_Nixon (Jim Brown)
Veni Vidi Vomiti - Nurgle - wapcaplets
Death by Snu Snu - Amazon - Deatharea