Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Backseat quickies submission guidelines  (Read 3886 times)

Fowl Sorcerous

• Outhouse Attendant
    • View Profile
    • I thought they smelled bad on the outside
Backseat quickies submission guidelines
« on: June 14, 2011, 07:23:49 PM »
backseat quickies aims not only to give all you folks quick and dirty movie reviews, but also to let you (one of the best communities on the interwebs) join in and give your opinions on the matter, but that said we do have a few guidelines to build some consistency and make things easy for me

So here's the deal gentles:
  • while most of my reviews are going to focus on fresh releases (mostly theatrical but some dvd), we're open letting you guys take a crack at anything especially if it's a movie that you might consider a hidden gem
  • if you are tackling a new release (particularly a popular one) use this thread to call dibs on it, we'll let two people have active dibs on any given feature, first team to send me the file gets the episode run
  • if you have a differing opinion of any review in the show feed you can submit a second opinion recording
  • episodes should run between 4-15 minutes long (we're quickies for a reason)
  • submit mp3 files to me at fowlsorcerous[at]gmail.com
  • if you don't have fancy pants recording equipment you call tony's voicemail at 618.207.4794
  • you can also e-mail me about getting in touch with me over skype, and I can play recording engineer while you give me your opinions.
  • if you want to promote your blog/podcast/apocalypse cult feel free to add short (max 90 second) promo at the end
  • try and keep the language and content pg-13 unless related to the discussion of the movie at hand

there will probably be more rules as a i think of them, so keep an eye on the thread and let me know what you all think.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 05:23:47 PM by Fowl Sorcerous »

Tony

• Undead Outhouse Attendant
    • View Profile
Re: Backseat quickies submission guidelines
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 07:51:09 PM »
I am STOKED about this podcast.  The community surrounding BSBO was just the beginning.  Scott, you don't know what you've stepped in with these guys, they will keep you BUSY!

Fowl Sorcerous

• Outhouse Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 06:42:05 PM »
well, if I gotta go to shows a week...well, I'm teaching bhavna how to cut audio

WilliamPall

• Undead Outhouse Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 05:07:50 PM »
What exactly are you looking for in the content of the review? I know I've listened to the existing episodes, but I don 't know if there's a specific format you are using. is there? would you just want us to chat for X number of minutes and  give initial thoughts?

Fowl Sorcerous

• Outhouse Attendant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 11:32:16 AM »
Ideally you should try and cover your opinions on the all the 'major' bases of the film (writing, acting, editting and visual style), but if you've got a good 10 min rant about the cinetography of a film and nothing to say about the plot I'd probably still run it.