We have something very special this week. Jonathan and Alex sit down with Neil Sorens and Mel Kirk of Zen Studios to talk some serious silver ball. Zen Studios is responsible for bringing some spectacular tables to consoles and handhelds via Pinball FX 2 and Zen Pinball. If you love those games (and really, you should), get ready to get deep inside those titles. We go over topics including the initial inspiration for Pinball FX, why a sequel was necessary, the process of working with an established IP like Marvel, and the challenge of portraying beloved characters in pinball form. We also ask the all-important "Why Moon Knight?" question in a discussion about the brand new Marvel Pinball: Vengeance and Virtue four-pack of tables and take a glimpse into what's in store with the upcoming Epic Quest table.
We also have a contest for a code for the Vengeance and Virtue tables! This is how it's going to work:
1) Send a friend request to Alex here
. If his friends list gets too full, send your gamertag to alex(at)thewayofthegame(dot)net or post your gamertag on this thread.
2) If you haven't already, get the Paranormal table on Pinball FX 2 (sorry PS3 owners, this contest is only for Xbox 360 players)
3) Alex will periodically post up a leaderboard of the top Paranormal scores during the course of the contest so people can know where they stand. The top five scores will be posted on this thread, on the Google + page
and on Twitter
4) When the ball drops at Times Square in New York City Eastern time, Alex will check the weekly high scores of the players who are in the contest.
5) The highest score wins the code for Vengeance and Virtue!
So have fun listening to the interview (should post soon) and get cracking on Paranormal! There's time to get some practice in before you have to start playing for real!