Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: My Wife's Strange Craving  (Read 1335 times)

rmckee78

• Daisy Duke Forever
  • Thunderbox Revenant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.otherlivesthanthisone.blogspot.com/
My Wife's Strange Craving
« on: April 09, 2012, 07:52:21 PM »
Pregnant women are known to have odd cravings, usually for food. Sadly my wife craves Smallville, and our local library has every season on DVD. We are halfway through season 8 and she only discovered the show 6 weeks ago.

In the name of all that's holy, it is soooooo BAD!

It was amusing for the first couple of seasons (I saw some of these when they were first on), like an off brand Buffy, but it just keeps getting worse. I cannot take anymore of Lana Lang. Every time I think she is gone, she is back.

Three to four episodes a night, and you can not say "No" to a pregnant woman.

david

• Administrator
  • Thunderbox Revenant
    • View Profile
Re: My Wife's Strange Craving
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 06:26:55 AM »
Here's what you need to know about Smallville:

Lana is terrible.  Chloe is unbelievably hot.  Lois is slightly better than Lana, but not really.  Clark always has dumb face.  Everyone has brain damage by the end of season 2, because of the "hit on the head and forgets" shtick.

Eve swears by Vampire Diaries.  When you run out, get her hooked on that.  I hear it's just as CW awful.

rmckee78

• Daisy Duke Forever
  • Thunderbox Revenant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.otherlivesthanthisone.blogspot.com/
Re: My Wife's Strange Craving
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 05:34:30 PM »
At least Lois is three dimensional, fantastitly well rounded. I couldn't wait for Lana to leave the show, but they have replaced her with Doomsday. Doomsday is more of an annoying teenage girl than Lana was. There were a lot of really cool things that could have been done with this format, many of them were almost done so many times.